So what are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are placed on your computer when you visit a
- “First party” cookies are set by the site you have chosen to visit.
- “Third party” cookies are set by sites external to the one you are visiting.
- “Session” cookies expire when you close your browser.
- “Persistent” cookies do not immediately expire and will remain on your
- computer until they reach their expiration date or you choose to remove them.
- “Web beacons” are small pixels that are used alongside cookies to monitor
- site activity.
Should I be concerned?
The E-Privacy Directive asks businesses to make their online customers aware of
cookie usage, so that customers may opt out if they prefer. Cookies are not
computer programs and importantly cannot spread viruses. They cannot access
other information stored on the user’s computer - in order to get a user's email
address for example.
Sanderling Properties Ltd and Countrywide Hotels Limited recommend that you
accept cookies from our site, as you will not be able to use our online service without
them, or would prevent us from making future improvements to services based on
tracked visitor behaviour.
However, if you wish to disable our cookies it can be achieved via your browser
settings or via www.networkadvertising.org/choices. To find out more about
managing cookies visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
What cookies do Sanderling Properties Ltd and Countrywide Hotels Limited
We use “first party” cookies to:
- provide a shopping service such as logging in to your account, remembering the contents of your booking and remembering your details whilst going through checkout.
- track visitor numbers, paths and sales to ensure that we can supply a fast and
- efficient service.
We use “third party”, “session” and “persistent” cookies to:
- track sales where the visitor was referred from external sites.
- track video views.
- provide remarketing support.
Sanderling Properties Ltd and Countrywide Hotels Limited work with third party suppliers such as Adroll and Google Inc who may set cookies on our website. This allows us to use remarketing techniques to help target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing internet based advertisements that are personalised to your interests.
Sanderling Properties Ltd and Countrywide Hotels Limited use “web beacons” to:
- track website traffic.
- gather statistics on the use of the website.